Adult and Dislocated Worker Services
Preparing You For a Career – That’s Our Job!
At our One-Stop Centers, adults and dislocated workers have access to education, training and employment services, as well as referrals (when deemed appropriate) to other services available through our network of the following partner agencies:
- California Indian Manpower Consortium
- Fresno County Department of Social Services
- Fresno Economic Opportunities Commission
- Housing Authorities of the City and County of Fresno
- National Council on Aging
- Proteus, Inc.
- State Center Adult Education Consortium
- State Center Community College District
- State of California Department of Rehabilitation
- State of California Employment Development Department
- West Hills Community College District
Workforce Connection has five (5) One-Stop Centers, located throughout Fresno County with professional staff ready to provide services to help you get back to work.
Basic Career Services
- Conduct your own job search utilizing our resource room. You will have access to computers, fax and copy machines, telephones to contact employers, veterans services, labor market information, career exploration tools, job listings… and more!
Individualized Career Services
- Work one-on-one with an Employment Readiness Specialist (ERS) prepared to guide you through the process and assist you with career guidance, skill level evaluations, educational and training opportunities, and job readiness workshops, just to name a few.
Training Services and Supportive Services
- Discuss with an ERS the options available for occupational skills training and on-the-job training (OJT) opportunities. Also, supportive services may be available to assist with purchasing items necessary to secure a job, provide training supplies, interview clothing and transportation needs.
To get started click here to locate the nearest One-Stop Center
Occupational skills training and OJT may be available to individuals who are unable to find and retain employment for self-sufficiency.
Supportive services may be available, based on the need of the student/job seeker, to assist with supplies, clothing, and transportation needs in order to participate in the program.